Subdivided land may be reverted to acreage in accordance with the provisions of Government Code Section 66499.11 et seq. In addition, a parcel map may be filed pursuant to Government Code Sections 66499.20.1 through 66499.20.3 to revert to acreage land previously subdivided and consisting of four or fewer contiguous parcels under the same ownership.
A. Proceedings to revert subdivided property to acreage may be initiated by petition of all of the owners of record of the property. The petition shall be in a form prescribed by the City Engineer. The petition shall contain the information required by subsection C of this section and any other information as required by the City Engineer.
B. The City Council, at the request of any person or on its own motion may, by resolution, initiate proceedings to revert property to acreage. The City Council shall direct the City Engineer to obtain the necessary information to initiate and conduct the proceedings.
C. The petition shall contain, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Evidence of title to the real property.
a. Evidence of the consent of all of the owners of an interest in the property; or
b. Evidence that none of the improvements required to be made have been made within two years from the date the final or parcel map was filed for record, or within the time allowed by agreement for completion of the improvements, whichever is later; or
c. Evidence that no lots shown on the final or parcel map have been sold within five years from the date such final or parcel map was filed, for record.
3. A final or parcel map which delineates dedications which will not be vacated and dedications required as a condition to reversion. Final or parcel maps shall be conspicuously designated with the title, “The Purpose of This Map is a Reversion to Acreage.”
4. Fees and/or deposits as may be required.
D. The City Council may require as conditions of the reversion:
1. The owners dedicate or offer to dedicate streets, public rights-of-way or easements.
2. The retention of all or a portion of previously paid subdivision fees, deposits or improvement securities if the same are necessary to accomplish any of the purposes or provisions of the State Subdivision Map Act or this chapter.
3. Such other conditions of reversion as are necessary to accomplish the purposes or provisions of the State Subdivision Map Act or this chapter or necessary to protect the public health, safety or welfare.