The purpose of this section is to provide guidelines to applicants and the reviewing authority regarding the preferred locations and configurations for wireless telecommunication facilities in the City; provided, that nothing in this section shall be construed to permit a wireless telecommunication facility in any location or configuration that it is otherwise prohibited by this chapter.
A. Review of Location and Configuration. The reviewing authority shall consider the extent to which a proposed wireless telecommunication facility complies with these preferences and whether there are feasible alternative locations or configurations to the proposed facility that are more preferred under this section. If the location or configuration of a proposed facility qualifies for two or more categories of preferred locations or configurations, it shall be deemed to belong to the least preferred category.
B. Order of Preference – Configurations. The order of preference for the configuration for wireless telecommunication facilities from most preferred to least preferred is:
7. Mounted on a new telecommunication tower.
C. Order of Preference – Location. The order of preference for the location of wireless telecommunications facilities from most preferred to least preferred is:
1. In the Industrial (M) zoning district;
2. In the Commercial Industrial (CM) zoning district;
4. In a commercial zoning district;
10. Lowest priority shall be given to public right-of-way with the closest adjacent districting being a Community Facilities zoning district that is used as a school or playground and residential zoning districts. (Ord. 1123 § 3 (Exh. A § 4), 2019)