The Planning Director shall have the authority to grant an exemption from the provisions of this chapter for:
C. Restaurants or “bona fide” public eating places which offer for sale or dispense for consideration alcoholic beverages including beer or wine incidental to meal service. The exemption shall be approved in writing by the Planning Director and shall be subject to the right of appeal to the Planning Commission as provided in Chapter 17.455 SMC. The exemption shall only be approved if the applicant agrees in writing to comply with the following criteria and conditions:
3. The establishment serves food to patrons during all hours the establishment is open for customers.
4. The establishment only serves alcohol in a dining area and not in an alcohol serving area that is separate from the dining area.
5. Adequate seating arrangements for sit-down patrons are provided on the premises, not to exceed a seating capacity of 50 persons.
6. Any take-out service is only incidental to the primary sit-down use and does not include the sale or dispensing for consideration of alcoholic beverage or beer or wine.
7. No alcoholic beverages or beer or wine are sold or dispensed for consumption beyond the premises.
9. An employee alcohol awareness training program and security plan is approved by the Chief of Police. (Ord. 1116 § 7, 2018; Ord. 1111, 2018)